No, Maybelline is potentially not cruelty-free.
- Maybelline may test on animals through a third party or their suppliers and their products are sold on China where it is a requirement to test on animals before selling to the public.
- Maybelline's brand-new slogan states that they no longer carry out the animal testing policy can be a bit confusing. They continue to indicate under their animal testing policy that their products can be tested on animals if required by law
- Seeing that the parent company, L'Oréal, owns Maybelline, it is safe to say that they are not cruelty-free since they have adopted L'Oréal's animal testing policy
Do Maybelline Test on Animals?
No, Maybelline does not test its products on animals directly but they may test their products through a 3rd party in order to sell to the Chinese market where it is a legal requirement to test on animals before selling to consumers.
Is Maybelline Vegan?
No, Maybelline is not vegan.
- Some products contain animal by-products under their ingredient list on the product packaging, such as beeswax lanolin, carmine, among so many other animal ingredients.
- Maybelline brand products are not vegan because they test their product on animals through a third party.
Is Maybelline A Parent Owned Company?
Yes, Maybelline is owned by L’Oréal.
Are Maybelline Products Sold in China?
Yes, Maybelline products are sold in China, where it is a requirement for all brands to test products on animals before selling to the public.
Is Maybelline PETA Approved?
According to PETA's list here Maybelline is not PETA approved.
Is Maybelline Leaping Bunny Approved?
According to leaping bunnys list here Maybelline is not Leaping Bunny approved.
- Maybelline is not cruelty approved.
- Maybelline never tests on animals, except in places that require have an animal testing policy by law, like China.
- Maybelline is not 100% vegan.
- A parent company, L'Oréal, owns Maybelline.
- Maybelline is sold in China only after its products have been tested on animals
- Maybelline is not PETA-approved because their products are not fully vegan.
- Maybelline is not leaping bunny approved; leaping bunny only approves cruelty-free products.