Are you someone with acne-prone skin and want a DIY remedy to do away with the acne?
Then this blog will be beneficial to you who embrace natural ways of treating different skin problems. The homemade serum is one way to get rid of pimples and acne and leave your skin looking fresh and younger.
You can make serum using different ingredients according to the type of skin you want to treat. This is because different skin types need different skincare and treatment.
In this blog, I will take you through a step-by-step guide on making a serum to treat acne-prone skin.
The following is a step-by-step guide on how to make serum at home that will help you achieve smooth, flawless skin with a natural glow and an increased moisture level.
First, you will need the following ingredients;
- A quarter cup of cucumber juice.
- Half cup Aloe Vera gel.
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves.
- A few drops of tea tree oil.
All these ingredients have been chosen because they are beneficial to acne-prone skin. They can give you smooth and clear skin within a short time.
You have to use them regularly to achieve your desired results.
- Cut fresh thick aloe vera leaves from the aloe vera plant.
- To extract aloe vera gel from the leaves, take the thick and healthy leaves, wash them and trim the green outer sections of the leaves with a knife. The inner part left is the aloe vera gel.
- Put the aloe vera gel that will amount to half a cup into a blender and blend it to have a smooth aloe vera gel.
- Put the gel into a dry clean bowl.
- Take one cucumber and peel it.
- Wash it and cut it into small cubes.
- Put the small cubes into a clean blender and blend them until you have a smooth textured cucumber juice.
- Add it into the bowl with the aloe vera gel.
- The third step is taking fresh coriander leaves.
- Wash the leaves thoroughly.
- Put them in the blender and blend the leaves.
- Put the mixer into the bowl containing the blended aloe vera and cucumber.
- The next step is to mix thoroughly the three products of the blended cucumber, coriander leaves, and aloe vera gel.
- To ensure a thoroughly mixed mixture, put all the three mixtures into a blender and blend them.
- Then strain the mixture using a strainer.
- To this mixture, add a few drops of tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is an essential known for treating acne. This is because it has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent swelling, redness, and inflammation of the skin. Tea tree oil also helps reduce and prevent the scars caused by acne, leaving you with clear and smooth skin.
- After you are done putting the tea tree essential oil and mixing all the mixtures, your serum is fully prepared.
- Now take a dry clean bottle and put the mixture. This is where you are going to store the mixture.
- To make a DIY serum with vitamin e for your face, add a vitamin e capsule to your prepared serum.
This DIY serum for your face containing vitamin e helps to provide a moisturizing effect to your skin. A moisturizing effect reduces skin problems.
For example, moisturizing your skin on a daily basis can help reduce the chances of developing extremely oily and dry skin.
When you have either very oily or dry skin, it can be harmful to your skin, causing common skin conditions like acne.
Therefore, using the serum moisturizer helps the skin’s blemishes to get camouflaged.
You can have the option of preparing a face serum without having to blend each of the ingredients. This might be the easiest and fastest way to prepare the face serum.
The steps to the easy procedure are as follows;
- Prepare aloe vera gel by removing the green outer part using a knife.
- Peel one cucumber, wash it and cut it into small pieces.
- Wash well the fresh coriander leaves.
- Then put all the three ingredients into a blender and blend them all.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer, then add a few drops of tea tree essential oil, and your serum is already prepared.
This serum is made with 100% natural ingredients that do not contain chemicals or preservatives.
Therefore, this serum cannot go for so many days without going bad. It can go for up to about a week in the refrigerator. It is thus recommended that you always prepare small amounts of the serum.
How to Make Serum for Acne-Prone Skin
The following are the steps I have covered to make an acne-prone skin serum;
- Prepare aloe vera gel and blend it to have a smooth gel.
- Peel the cucumber into small cubes and blend it.
- Blend coriander leaves after thoroughly washing them.
- Mix all the three mixtures in a blender, then add some drops of tea tree oil and you’re all done preparing the serum.