Is acne on your legs causing you a nightmare?
If you are here reading this post, chances are you are fed up with those pimples and blackheads spotting your legs.
There are a variety of things that can cause leg acne.
For instance, your skin may be reacting to the material of clothes you are wearing, soap or moisturisers you use on your skin.
Now that the damage is done, the next course of action is to treat the acne.
This post will cover some of the best ways to get rid of acne from your legs…
DISCLOSURE: Luiere.com is reader supported so if you buy any products featured on this site I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure here.
Use Acne Medication
Acne is a common problem for many adults around the globe.
For that reason, there are plenty of over-the-counter medications in the market today designed to effectively fight acne.
These include acne creams and acne cleansers.
Most acne creams are designed to help treat and prevent acne.
Additionally, they can help effectively get rid of spots.
You can apply the creams directly onto the acne or the spots after you take a bath.
If you can’t find creams, you can use a cleanser instead.
Cleansers have acne-fighting medications that can help heal acne to prevent pimples.
You will be able to see improvements after a few days or weeks of medication.
However, it may be essential to see a dermatologist if there is no sign of healing.
Adopt a Diet with Foods that Help with Acne
Another great way to get rid of acne from your legs is switching to a diet that helps eliminate or prevent them.
This acne treatment method involves incorporating foods with a low glycaemic index and vitamin A & D in your diet.
As we all know, bacteria thrive in a sugary environment.
Therefore, limiting the amount of sugar you eat can help reduce the severity of acne on your legs.
You can also ensure your skin gets enough vitamin D by going into the sun for about 15 minutes a day.
Your skin can also get vitamin D from foods such as milk, yoghurt and cheese.
Alongside the methods above, you can incorporate skin-healthy foods that contain Vitamin A into your diet.
These include vegetables such as spinach, broccoli and carrots.
Get Rid of Leg Acnes Using Home Remedies
In most cases, acne come by as a result of bacteria and impurities.
Therefore, you can easily get rid of them by practising proper hygiene at home.
Here are some of the ways to get rid of acnes through home remedies;
- Take a bath daily – Taking a bath once a day can help get rid of pore-clogging impurities and eliminate acne. A few-minute bath after a jog or long day at work can help remove bacteria, sweat and dirt from your skin, thus helping get rid of acne.
- Use essential oils – Another effective way to eliminate acne without medication is using herbal oils. These types of oils have antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can help heal acne and prevent further infection
- Salt Baths – Apart from regular baths, you may want to try salt baths if you struggle with acne. Sea salt is a natural anti-bacterium. Therefore, taking regular salt baths can help kill acne-causing bacteria. Additionally, a salt bath can help eliminate impurities and exfoliate dead skin, ensuring clean and healthy skin.
- Wear clothes that breathe – If you have acne, you may want to start wearing clothes that breathe. You should avoid clothes such as polyester. Instead, replace them with cotton, among other breathable fabrics.
- Find and adopt a shaving technique that works for you – If you get acne after you shave your legs (see also ‘how to get rid of thigh acne‘), then you are probably using the wrong technique
Some of the easiest ways to get rid of acne after shaving are using a sharp razor and shaving cream. Additionally, it may be advisable to shave your legs after you take a bath.
How Do I Get Rid of Acne On My Leg?
Here are some of the best ways to get rid of acne on your leg;
- Use acne medication
- Adopt a diet with foods that help with acne
- Get rid of leg acne using home remedies
- Try salt baths
- Wear breathable clothes
- Find a shaving routine that doesn’t agitate your acne