In my entire existence, acnes have been on top of my ‘most annoying things.’
Nothing is as depressing as doing my hair nicely and wearing my best outfit, only to be let down by those blackheads or red tender bumps all over my cheeks and forehead.
To make matters worse, no amount of makeup seems to cover these ugly spots.
Many times, I have been left asking myself, ‘how can I eliminate these acnes?’ In the process, I have tried almost every single over-the-counter treatment option available without any success.
Most treatments helped clear the acne for a few days, but the spots were back as soon as I stopped applying the creams.
After many trials and failures, I realised I could protect my skin by avoiding food that wasn’t good for acne-prone skin.
One of these foods is dairy milk! Yes, milk!
Who would have thought a packet of delicious fresh milk can trigger your acne nightmare?
Dairy milk is one of the foods that can translate to bad news when it comes to acne. Ever since I switched to other milk alternatives, things have been better for me.
The Best Milk Alternatives for Acne-Prone Skin
Here is a list of the best five milk alternatives for your acne-prone skin.
- Macadamia milk – As far as dairy-free milk alternatives are concerned, macadamia choice is one of the best choices for your acne-prone skin.
Macadamia milk, just like macadamia nuts, has low levels of carbohydrates, making them easily digestible and less likely to set off any form of hormonal or inflammatory acne.
- Almond milk – If you have acne-prone skin, the other great dairy-free substitute is almond milk. This dairy milk alternative has natural antioxidants, such as vitamin E, that can help clear the skin.
However, it is only a great alternative if you can tolerate almonds and other tree nuts. If you are sensitive to tree nuts, then almond milk can make your acne worse.
- Cashew milk – Yes, cashew milk! Right about now, you must be wondering how cashew milk is a great alternative for dairy milk, yet cashews are bad news for acne-prone skin.
This milk alternative contains various antioxidants that can help clean your skin of excess fats that can cause acne.
Same as almond milk, cashew milk might not exactly be a good idea for you if you cannot tolerate tree nuts.
- Oat milk – If you can’t find cashew milk, then you can try oat milk. This is a decent milk alternative for your acne-prone skin.
It has minimal amounts of inflammatory omega-6 fats, which are often the greatest contributors of inflammatory and hormonal-related acnes.
- Coconut milk – The best saved for last! Coconut milk is the best alternative for any individual with acne-prone skin.
Coconut milk has the least amount of added ingredients and is sugar-free too.
Additionally, it contains skin-clearing nutrients that can help remove substances, clearing out acnes that are already existent.
- EXFOLIANT SCRUB FOR THE BODY ALL NATURAL. Cleanse, detoxify and give your skin a healthy glow without using other ingredient that can irritate.
- SEA SALT MILK SOAP Add Natural Goat Milk Exfoliating Soap, Goat Milk Soap to Relieve acne, Clean Skin.
- USEFUL FOR SKIN mild enough for everyday use. Swimming at the sea has been used for centuries to treat skin. You can now enjoy the daily comfort of a soap shower with salt.
- SUPERB FOR DRY SKIN it is for using on the face, hands and body. Himalayan salt and sea salt with powerful deodorizing properties.
- FOR ALL SKIN TYPES. Use as a facial soap, body soap or shaving soap. For men, women and teenagers. Can be used to help against acne.
- SOAP INFUSED WITH DEAD SEA SALT: Dead sea salt and goat milk soap bar is a skincare product appreciated by men & women. Enriched with mineral-rich sea salts & coconut oil, the soap promotes healing & repair.
- HYDRATING GOAT'S MILK SOAP BASE: Consisting of pure goat's milk & enhanced with a subtle honeyed oat scent, our sea salt soap for body acne & eczema leaves skin crystal clear, silky soft & lightly scented.
- 100% RAW SOAP MADE FROM NATURE: This all natural dead sea salt soap for eczema & troubled skin demonstrates the powers of nature. We use only the finest ingredients to create our artisanal face & body soap bars.
- GENTLY EXFOLIATES & RESURFACES: Salty soap bar delivers gentle exfoliation to carry away dead skin cells & lightly resurface. Use to cleanse the face & body for a brighter, smoother, clearer complexion.
- SOOTHES ITCHY, PROBLEMATIC SKIN: Recommended dead sea salt soap for psoriasis, eczema & acne-prone skin. Be one with nature. Enjoy soothing relief from itching, dryness & breakouts with our raw bar soap.
- ❤Set OF 2❤ For All Skin Types. Gentle on Sensitive Skin, 3.5 Oz Ea.
- ❤PREMIUM FORMULA❤ Made Exclusively with Natural Goat's Milk which can CLEAN, EXFOLIATE, BALANCE, SOFTEN AND DETOXIFY SKIN. No sulfates, parabens, phthalates. Cruelty free and vegan.
- ❤INTENSELY MOISTURIZING❤ Contains 10x more moisturizers than ordinary bar soap for softer, smoother, more radiant looking skin. Give you a pampered spa-like experience every time you use.
- ❤How to use❤
1、Wet skin and lather soap;
2、Massage into skin in a gentle, circular motion;
3、Leave on for 10-30 seconds;
4、Rinse cleans thoroughly;
5、Follow with your skin care routine to lock in hydration.
- ❤PERFECT AS GIFTS❤ Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Birthday, and Holidays. For Women, Men, Teens and Children.
- DO YOU STRUGGLE WITH ACNE, PSORIASIS, ECZEMA OR DRY, SENSITIVE SKIN? GIVE OUR CHARCOAL SOAP A TRY! Many of our customers have received help with these issues by using our natural soap.
- ALL NATURAL DETOX SOAP FOR A SMOOTH COMPLEXION - Our charcoal bar soap can be used as an acne soap to cleanse pores of dirt and toxins that lead to blemishes. Great All-in-one product For Face & Body.
- PROMOTES YOUTHFUL HEALTHY SKIN - Cleans well without stripping skin of natural oils, helping to balance oily and dry skin. Great For Men, Women and Teens.
- LONG LASTING BARS THAT GIVE GREAT LATHER - Our customers tell us that our bar soap is longer lasting compared to commercial bars and other natural soaps.
- FRESH CLEAN FEEL WITHOUT HARMFUL INGREDIENTS - WE ONLY USE THE BEST! Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sustainable Palm Oil, Activated Coconut Charcoal, Dead Sea Mineral Mud, Goat Milk, Peppermint, Rosemary and Eucalyptus Essential Oils
- DAILY EXFOLIATION - These easy to use, individually packaged exfoliating wipes are great for healthy skin on the go. Gentle, 100% cotton pads have a soft texture and exfoliant on each wipe that will leave a refreshed clean complexion.
- CLEAN, CLEAR SKIN- Textured pads allow you to easily insert fingers into one side of the pad and gently cleanse the skin. Helps eliminate dead skin cells, oil, dirt and makeup to leave skin refined and smooth. Replenish moisture and restore a clear, healthy glow.
- BOTANICAL INGREDIENTS - Packed with natural ingredients that improve texture and tone, clear blemishes and prevent breakouts. Milk Protein Extract is rich in vitamins and calcium, a powerful moisturizer and antioxidant. Bamboo Water, a natural source of silica, stimulates collagen and has anti-aging benefits.
- HOW TO USE - Gently rub skin with pad in circular motion to visibly remove dead skin cells. Delicate swipes around the face, forehead and chin are non-irritating even for sensitive areas. Rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water. "
- K-BEAUTY ESSENTIAL - A cult favorite brand, created with the highest quality ingredients and uncompromising dedication to innovation in beauty and skincare.
Finally, I want to mention that the quality does matter a lot as far as milk alternatives are concerned.
If a milk alternative has a lot of sugar and other added ingredients, it could make the acne problem worse than it already is.
That’s why you should always choose milk alternatives with the least added ingredients and should be sugar-free.
5 best milk alternatives for your acne
My top 5 best milk alternatives for your acne prone skin (see also face powders for oily acne skin here) are:
- Macadamia milk
- Almond milk
- Cashew milk
- Oat milk
- Coconut milk
Personally, I prefer coconut milk for my acne-prone skin (have you tried a Korean toner?) as it has the least amount of added ingredients and is sugar-free. On top of all these, it has skin-clearing properties that have helped me achieve the glow!
Last update on 2023-12-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API