Are you looking for exfoliators for your skin? Well, you are in luck. Being in my thirties and black, I have tried different exfoliators and products that did not work for my skin colour.
I understand how disappointing it can be to purchase exfoliators to realize that they are not suitable for your skin.
With my experience, I bring you a compilation of my five best exfoliators that I found most suitable for my black skin. I hope you find them helpful.
1. Zelen Life Exfoliator
Do you want an all-natural product for your skin? Zelen got you covered.
Zelen exfoliates your skin without giving you any irritation. E
ven better, it is suitable for dry, oily, and sensitive skin.
Blended with a sugar powder base, organic jojoba oil, and sunflower, you can quickly roll it over your skin and get smooth skin within a few minutes.
It works by lifting dead skin cells, clearing blocked pores and blackheads. I have used it and can attest to its benefits.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Encourages skin regeneration
- Easy to apply
- May cause irritation
2. Hey Honey Come Clean Propolis and Minerals Facial Scrub
Rich in exfoliating dead sea salts, you can use the scrub on any skin as it is gentle on all types of black skin.
Since our skin has a lot of melanin, we often need products to remove the blackheads without scratching the skin too much.
Hey Honey helps you clear the blackheads and dead skin from your black skin.
The result is a brightened and regenerated protective cover on your face. For the best results, you can use it three days a week.
- Removes blackheads
- Contains invaluable dead sea salt
- Rich with Propolis
- Easy to use
- Enhances cell growth
- Soothes the skin
- High price point
2. Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid
I have used Paula’s choice to exfoliate blackheads, enlarged pores, and wrinkle lines. Most black-skinned people look for non-abrasive products.
Products that can unclog and make your skin’s pores look more hydrated and brightened. You can use it for any type of skin regardless of its sensitivity.
- Removes large skin pores
- Smooth’s wrinkles
- Enhances your skin’s texture
- Hydrates your skin
- Easy to use
- Gentle on the skin
- No fragrance
- May cause skin tightness
3. Ole Henriksen Goodnight Glow Retin- ALT Sleeping Crème
Ole Henriksen is a famous brand for manufacturing excellent skincare products.
With liquorice, lemon, and red algae, this crème is among my best skin exfoliators.
You can use it regardless of your skin type and skin tone.
While it is a sleeping crème, you can also use it during the day and get real-life results; your skin looks as good as you feel.
- Suitable for vegan users
- Hydrates your skin deeply
- Eliminates fine lines and wrinkles
- Removes dark spots
- Comfortable on your skin
- Enhances your skin’s elasticity
- Reverses ageing
- Plant-based and safe
- May increase the skin’s sensitivity
4. Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub
Neutrogena has to be among the oil-free products that I have used.
The product mostly suits someone with lots of acne as it contains ingredients that combat skin breakouts.
Even better, the product is noncomedogenic (it does not clog your skin pores).
While I found it a little more expensive than the regular products, it was worthwhile for my acne treatment.
- Prevents future body acne
- Treats breakouts
- Contains no plastic microbeads
- Sweeps away dead skin
- Easy to lather
- Smooth, clear, and clean wash
- May be too harsh on the face
I have had good and bad skin days. This led me to experiment with various products, and that’s how I found the most suitable ones for my black skin.
My top 5 recommendations for black skin are:
- Zelen Life Exfoliator- Best for sensitive and reactive skin
- Hey Honey Come Clean Propolis and Minerals Facial Scrub- The best for all skin types
- Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid- Best for clogged pores
- Ole Henriksen Goodnight Glow Retin with ALT Sleeping Crème- Best for moisturising
- Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub- Best for acne-vulnerable skin