African American hair is unique. For a long time, the Western hair industry has been catering to other hair types.
More so, the is a wide variety in the African American hair community. Therefore, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to people who have African American hair (see suitable Flat Irons also).
In this article, I will review five of the best hair dryers for African American hair that you can use to achieve your goals.
I have done adequate analysis on numerous hairdryers and I also have experience using some of them.
5 Best Hair Dryers for African-American Hair
1. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
- A powerful 1600-watt digital motor that enhances airflow and fast drying without destroying your hair.
- 3-speed settings – regular drying, fast-drying, and gentle drying.
- Its control settings are highly visible to increase accessibility.
- Self-monitor sensors to optimise heat according to the wetness level of your hair.
- Secure and durable magnetic diffuser, a styling concentrator, and a smoothing nozzle.
- Outstanding heat control
- Lightweight and comfortable to use
- Compact design
- Expensive to buy
- Its cord is bulky and big which makes it hard to store
2. RevAir Air Hair Dryer
- A high temperature of 800 watts and a low temperature of 400 watts
- 800-watt innovative motor
- Reusable/washable stainless-steel filter
- 3 heat settings at your disposal – level O, level I, and level II. Level O is the cool shot option and is ideal for sealing in shine and finishing. Level I which is 70 °C is ideal for fine hair. Level II which is 105 °C is ideal for straightening and fast drying.
- Reduces your drying time by about 50%.
- Leaves your hair shiny, moisturised, healthy, and frizz-free.
- Dries your hair deep to the roots and therefore does not scorch your scalp.
- Straightens your hair using less heat and you only use it with one hand.
- Huge and bulky.
3. Rusk Super Freak Hair Dryer
- 2000-watt powerful Italian motor to ensure superior air pressure and airflow.
- Cold shot button.
- 7 speed and heat settings including sliding switches.
- It has an ionic generator that enhances your hair’s vitality and leaves it feeling healthier, shinier, and softer.
- Pretty quiet.
- Removable filter which makes cleaning easier.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty.
4. DevaCurl Devadryer and Diffuser
- 1600-watt powerful motor that ensures faster diffusing and drying.
- 110 voltage.
- 2-speed and 3-heat settings for styling and drying possibilities.
- It has an innovative Devafuser that allows 360 ° airflow.
- Its diffuser can allow you to dry the roots of your hair only
- 1-year warranty
- Ergonomic design and is good for travelling
- A bit loud as compared to its competitors
5. BaByliss Pro Nano Titanium Hair Dryer
- 2000-watt powerful and durable AC motor
- 2 ultrathin nozzles (60mm to 70mm)
- 6 adjustable speed and heat settings
- An extremely convenient way to dry your African American hair (see also the 5 best exfoliators for black skin)
- Compact, lightweight, and easy to use
- Ionic technology that allows air to deeply penetrate your wet hair
- Trusted by many salons
- Limited uses
Top 5 Hair Dryers For African American Hair
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
- RevAir Air Hair Dryer
- Rusk Super Freak Hair Dryer
- DevaCurl Devadryer and Diffuser
- BaByliss Pro Nano Titanium Hair Dryer